About Digital Accelerator:
Cummins' Digital Accelerator functions as our own tech startup, with strategic access to Fortune 150 resources and talents. Steering the innovation of new experiences for customers, Digital Accelerator is boldly transforming Cummins into a modern and agile technology company. Through the conception, build and launch of inspiring digital solutions, the unique hub of vision and creativity leverages open architecture, connectivity, big data, advanced analytics, internet-of-things, edge computing and more, to drive the company forward on its journey towards smart technologies.
We are looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join our team specializing in developing Digital / IoT solutions for our customers as part of our Digital Accelerator Teams.
This position is primarily based in Indianapolis, IN but we do offer the opportunity to consider fully remote work.
You impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Provides application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
• Creates and manages life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution
• Delivers solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
• Creates high level and detail design of cloud infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
• Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
• Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to enhance efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
• Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community[DEL: :DEL]
• Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
• Provides level 3 support for critical non-routine issues.
• Coaches less experienced team members on technical matters
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 7+ years of designing, developing, and deploying modern multi-application CD/CI pipeline on AWS, Azure, or other cloud technologies
• Experience creating and improving DevOps automated tooling using scripting languages such as python and PowerShell
• Experience in designing reusable CD/CI architecture that adheres to enterprise wide standards
• Detail understanding of how applications are constructed and how the application is map to cloud environment resources such as compute and storage
• Experience in securing large scale CD/CI cloud architecture
• Experience with infrastructure as code using configuration management tools such as ansible and puppet and cloud services such as AWS CloudFormation and Azure Resource Manager
• Knowledge of best practices for designing automated CD/CI pipelines
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: https://www.cumminstalentcommunity.com/profile/join/
April 2, 2021