We are looking for a talented Product Owner – PrevenTech Engine Health Management to join the digital Product Management team, with a focus on our Platform Services that power our digital products in each of our markets. The Digital Product Management team is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
• Digital Platform Services is a portfolio of capabilities that power our Digital Products by delivering onboarding, IoT connectivity & data acquisition, engine health management, and over the air programming of Cummins equipment that accelerate the value from market-specific products crafted by Cummins, its customers and partners.
• PrevenTech Engine Health Management capabilities enable advanced rules & algorithms powered by advanced analytics and machine learning to turn raw data into valuable insights and recommendations about the health and performance of Cummins products to enable optimized performance, reduced total cost of ownership, improved reliability, and reduced unplanned downtime.
In this role, you will leverage your unique combination of business and technical knowledge to evaluate technical options and represent customer and business requirements to the technical organization. Additionally, the Product Owner will evangelize and educate other teams on how the platform’s capabilities can be utilized by other digital products and services.
As a Product Owner, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• The Product Owner is a leader on the Agile Team and works daily with the Product Manager, Scrum Master, Software Engineering Leader, UX specialists, Software Engineers, Operations staff, business stakeholders, customers and partners to ensure valuable outcomes are produced, striving for value at scale.
• The Product Owner leads, mentors, and guides a team to create a self-motivated, customer-centric, quality-driven environment for developing products.
• The Product Owner has the authority and accountability for real-time decision making, defining, and prioritizing the product backlog, setting quality standards for delivery and maximizing the value of the product/capability functionality from a business and customer point of view.
• Partners with our Product Managers on trade-offs between schedule and requirements to streamline execution of program priorities and maximize the value produced.
• Translates product management vision and your detailed knowledge of our customers’ needs into stories that the Agile Team can use to build world-class products.
• Maintain and ruthlessly prioritize a backlog of stories – with intense focus on delivering business value and the ability to set and manage stakeholder expectations accordingly.
• Be comfortable digging into technical details with software engineers to help evaluate the merit of different approaches to delivering product capabilities.
• Authors user stories and inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Understanding and practical experience with IoT remote monitoring and alerting is required, and an understanding of networked embedded systems, such as vehicle network architectures, is preferred.
• Outcome-oriented mindset with good and timely decision making that keeps the organization moving forward.
• Experience translating market requirements into functional and non-functional requirements and then into user stories that are granular enough with clearly defined acceptance criteria to be achieved in a single sprint.
• Ability to effectively communicate highly technical topics to non-technical stakeholders and effectively communicate market and user requirements to technical stakeholders.
• Knowledge and practical experience with commercial product lifecycle management including support for external customer-facing products or solutions is preferred.
• Knowledge and practical experience with IoT- and Cloud-based product management or development – preferably in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure IoT solutions.
• Knowledge and practical experience with Platform products and architectures is preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Marketing or related field from an accredited university/college OR 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree required.
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Product Owner certification or equivalent experience is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
July 15, 2021