Technology. Flexibility. Diversity. At the center of it all are the Digital Accelerator and Advanced Analytics teams at Cummins, working together as a high-energy startup within a Fortune 500 organization. At this Midwestern technology hub, today’s sharpest, most curious minds transform what-ifs into realities.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for a single Agile Release Train (ART) who facilitates the ART events/processes and assists the teams in delivering value. The RTE communicates with stakeholders, escalates impediments, helps manage risk, and drives relentless improvement. Manages and optimizes the flow of value through overseeing a release train (grouping of agile teams).
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART and Solution Train using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators.
* Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs); Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings.
* Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment; Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
* Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary.
* Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities; Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos; Help manage risks and dependencies; escalate and track impediments and provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
* Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency; Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle; Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails, foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and built-in Quality practices.
* Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices, mindsets and collaboration; Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* Significant experience in IT utilizing a broad knowledge base in fundamental IT skills is highly preferred.
* Hands on experience as a scrum master, release train engineer, or agile coach is highly preferred.
* Work with the teams to establish the PI calendar for the year, assist the teams in planning, facilitate PI Sessions, managing dependencies and risks.
* Work with Product Owners and business stakeholders to ensure strategic and execution alignment
* Preferable has experience delivering cloud based solutions (SaaS, PaaS & IaaS) Ex: Salesforce, MS Azure, AWS.
* Have worked in a team that is focused on delivering customer facing software solutions related to servicing products customers own.
* Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART/Solution Train and help improve.
* Champion the use of DevOps tools (such as JIRA, Confluence and Clarity) with a goal to improving efficiency.
* College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant related field is required.
* SAFE Program Consultant (SPC), SAFE Release Train Engineer Certification (RTE), and Safe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certifications are highly preferred.
* This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
February 11, 2021