We are looking for a talented SDLC Practices Software Engineer II DevOps to join our team specializing in DevOps, DevOps tools, AWS Cloud and application development supporting our Global IT Organization. This position is primarily based in Columbus, Indiana with potential opportunity for remote work.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Responsible creating/enhancing DevOps Pipelines for Cummins Programs
• Mentor Cummins employee’s in DevOps Practices and assist them in creating/enhancing their pipelines
• Installation & Maintenance of DevOps Tools
• Manage the vendors roadmap on purchased tools, aligning the needs of the development services consumers or customers with capable tooling
• Work closely with Architect to capture consumer feedback and improve upon the product offering
• Create, capture, and manage standards and best practices on the SDLC & DevOps purchased and created applications or tools. Work closely with IT procurement.
• Research, capture, develop content for each SDLC & DevOps product whereby the consumer can be educated and trained on the material. Work closely with other SDLC Practices members on the formatting and delivery of content for ease of access and consumption
• Engage with other IT groups to establish and enhance the flow of how IT conducts work
• Develop innovative approaches to improve process and tooling capabilit
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant related field is required.
• Experience working as a software engineer with the following knowledge and experiences are preferred
• 6-10 overall years of industry specific experience ( IT,Software Development, DevOps )
• 3+ years of experience and knowledge with the following SDLC and DevOps tools; Jira, Confluence, Tricentis Qtest, GITLAB, Jenkins, SonarQube, Tricentis Tosca, AWS DevOps Services and Azure DevOps
• Experience with hands on application/software development with some understanding/experience on the infrastructure side
• Knowledge of Agile ALM and DevOps practices and tools
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
September 28, 2021