We are looking for a talented Senior Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator to join our team specializing in Health and Safety for our Corporate Business Segment in Memphis, TN
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Provides technical support on health, safety and environmental to production and site personnel under the guidance of the site HSE leader. Assists in the implementation, analysis, review and sustainability of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
• Determine gaps within corporate HSE initiatives and local health, safety and environmental policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Applies HSE culture ensuring it is integral to processes. Participate in HSE inspection and audit programs.
• Maintain confidentiality and appropriate recordkeeping standards in line with corporate data protection and retention requirements.
• Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards. Report any work-related injury, illness, incident, or hazard through internal reporting processes. Work as a HSE resource providing guidance on site internal processes. Coordinate environmental management activities. Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
• Support the implementation and maintenance of hazard identification, incident investigation and risk assessment processes, including delivery of training. Support closure of corrective and preventive actions. Communicate effectively to create HSE awareness
• Maintain local HSE policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Support health, safety, environmental and wellness initiatives. Support implementation and maintenance of Emergency Response processes including delivery of training. Participate in local employee engagement initiatives to drive an interdependent culture.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• High school diploma, University degree in Industrial Safety, Environmental Management, Sustainability, related field or equivalent experience.
• Experience and Background in environmental Health and Safety
• Must be organized with strong planning skills
• On the job experience in a Data Driven role with experience utilizing ISO 45001 and 14001
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
September 2, 2021