In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Develops opportunities to increase sales by identifying, researching and contacting prospective customers. Develops and executes account plans for top prospects and conducts agreed upon face to face sales calls.
• Develops new customer relationships and strengthens current customer relationships that enable identification of a customer’s needs, business model and buying process.
• Uses understanding of customer needs and priorities to identify and offer Cummins solutions.
• Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines, including payment terms. Assists with collection of accounts receivables when needed.
• Drives sales, achieving sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction. Maintains and strengthens customer relationships to generate future sales and repeat business. Responds to customer concerns in a timely fashion.
• Brings current and emerging needs of the customer and market to their manager/director.
• Provides leadership and mentoring to less experienced account executives.
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Require The Following:
• Strong background within technical and consultative sales ideally within power generation, engineering, construction, heavy equipment etc
• Intuitive Listening And Adapting Solutions - Translates needs, expectations, or asks from customers, stakeholders, etc. into actionable solutions through active listening and intuition; chooses or produces solutions (e.g. process change, tool, product, service, etc.) to meet or exceed the customers’ or stakeholders’ needs or expectations or to provide value.
• Ability to plan and align - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Sales Pipeline Management skills - plan proactively for successful execution of account/territory-level sales strategies and plans based on current pipeline; evaluates pipeline health (size, contents, progress); adjusts sales strategy, plans, or high impact activities accordingly; as applicable coaches sellers in order to achieve sales objectives.
September 3, 2021