About Digital Accelerator:
Cummins' Digital Accelerator functions as our own tech startup, with strategic access to Fortune 150 resources and talents. Steering the innovation of new experiences for customers, Digital Accelerator is boldly transforming Cummins into a modern and agile technology company. Through the conception, build and launch of inspiring digital solutions, the unique hub of vision and creativity leverages open architecture, connectivity, big data, advanced analytics, internet-of-things, edge computing and more, to drive the company forward on its journey towards smart technologies
This position is primarily based in Indianapolis, IN but we do offer the opportunity to consider fully remote work.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Responsible for building high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
• Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications. Support and/or install software applications.
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle; Document and demonstrate solutions; Develops flow charts, layouts and documentation
• Determine feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions; Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
• Recommend state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations; remain passionate about great technologies, especially open source
• Understands multiple architectures and how to apply architecture to solutions; understands programming and testing standards; understands industry standards for traditional and agile development
• Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility; Adopt new mindsets and habits in how people approach their work while supporting decentralized decision making.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 5 years professional experience in software development
• Experienced in development on AWS or other Cloud Technologies
• Proficiency in Java and Python and/or at least, one modern programming language such as C, C , Objective C
• Expertise in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis. The ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
• Experience working in Agile environments
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant related field is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
December 21, 2020