We are looking for a talented Sensor Engineer to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Components Business Segment n Columbus, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• This applied technology position creates electronic hardware that is integral to Cummins’ products. People in these positions will typically develop and validate electronic sensors, actuators, control units or harnesses to ensure the consistent operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications
• Investigates electronic hardware problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results
• Obtains input and negotiates with electronic suppliers and software development teams and delivers prototype hardware to application engineering teams
• Makes decisions in the areas of hardware requirements, design, validation and test that impact unit cost, functionality, and prototype delivery
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
• 3+ years of Senior or Lead Electrical or Mechanical Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required
• Demonstrated track record of technical problem troubleshooting and solving
• Quality decision making
• Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
May 26, 2021