We are looking for a Software Engineer specializing in EBU Controls and Data Link for our Engine Business Segment in Columbus IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Involvement in specification, design, implementation, testing and/or release of software that controls the operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.
• Investigates embedded software problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
• Processes include model-based development, coding, compiling and test. Tools include Simulink, code editors, integration tools, static analysis tools, compilers and hardware in the loop test tools.
• Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers verified software features, components, and builds to product teams.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Prior entry level engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
• Embedded Software - Develops automotive data link and electronic tool features in C language.
• Diagnostic documentation for any new data link diagnostics.
• Google Test and Vector Canalyzer.
• Experience using Data link and electronic tool interface as needed.
• Tool Integration
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
June 4, 2021