We are looking for a talented Software Engineer Principal to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Corporate Business Segment in Columbus, IN / your remote home office. The Software Engineer Principal will be responsible for designing and building solutions that meet business, architecture, security, and quality requirements. The candidate will communicate with users, management, and other technical teams to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet production deadlines.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Develop information systems by studying operations; design, develop and install software solutions; support and develop a software team of developers responsible for building new and supporting existing applications. Prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery, and have excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Work across multiple facets of a project with multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions.
• Determine feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions; Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
• Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and issues while protecting IT assets by keeping information confidential; Improve applications by conducting systems analysis recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities; Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting, and hiring.
• Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility; Adopt new mindsets and habits in how people approach their work while supporting decentralized decision making.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Significant experience working as a software engineer with the following knowledge and experiences. 5+ years software development experience is highly preferred.
• The candidate must have significant experience in the following areas:
+ Building REST APIs
+ Environments – Azure, MS Dynamics 365Customer Engagement (CE)
+ Database – SQL
+ Tools – Gitlab, SonarQube, Jira
+ Having C++, SQL Lite knowledge is a plus
+ Strong knowledge of SDLC, DevOps, & Agile development methodology
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
October 12, 2021