We are looking for a talented Software Engineer Senior (Electronic Tools) to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Corporate Business Segment in Columbus, IN / remote location within the United States.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
Design and develop new web-based applications / support existing applications for Digital Information Solutions Suite of Applications using the following technologies:
• JAVA 8
• Spring Data JPA
• JQUERY, HTML5, CSS, AJAX
• Angular 2 Framework
• Spring Boot Applications
• Cloud Platform (preferred)
Stay abreast of web development and underlying technology trends in order to maintain a competitive edge and assist in developing technology upgrade plans, for example:
• Support for PCI Compliance for the existing applications.
• Develop applications interacting with other systems like GOMS
Perform functional and performance testing and troubleshooting of web applications performing the following tasks:
• Developing a Design
• Reviewing Design
• Implementing the Requirements
• Testing the requirements
• Release the application to users.
• Application Support
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or related subject, or relevant experience equivalent.
• Experience working as a software engineer with the following knowledge and experiences are preferred:
- Working in Agile environments;
- Fundamental IT technical skill sets;
- Taking a system from coping requirements through actual launch of the system;
- Communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines;
- Professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
November 2, 2021