Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create automated transmission products. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies is a joint venture between Eaton and Cummins, Inc. producing industry-leading medium- and heavy-duty automated transmission products to OEM customers around the globe. Our business thrives with talent from diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Grow your career by joining this exceptional collaboration opportunity that embraces innovative thinking, compelling creativity, and customer-focus.
This is an exciting opportunity in Galesburg, Michigan for a Software Integration Lead.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Investigates highly difficult or specialized embedded software problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results.
• Creates, manages, improves and applies embedded software development processes and tools. Processes include model based development, coding, compiling and test. Tools include Simulink, code editors, integration tools, static analysis tools, compilers and hardware in the loop test tools.
• Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers verified software features, components, builds to product teams.
• Uses systems knowledge and expertise to make decisions in the areas of software requirements, architecture, design, and test that impact the quality and performance of software builds, product lines (platforms) and management of cross-BU integration and coordination.
• Responsible for review of less-experienced developers/testers’ work to ensure robust, reusable, and efficient design
• Responsible for coaching and developing the next generation of technical experts.
• Provides problem resolution leadership for complex systems with a high degree of ambiguity and often global business impact.
• Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across function(s) within a global business unit or managing improvement across business units.
• Coordinates and directs work of technical project teams, up to and including direct management of small to mid-sized teams.
• Operates as the recognized multi-competency specialist or expert in a discipline or product area across a site or global business unit with responsibility for developing local talent (direct or indirect).
• Coaches and mentor’s other engineers, project managers and cross-functional team members.
• May also include academic or industry collaboration in a competency or discipline area.
Skills and Experience Required:
Embedded Software Design and Construction - Constructs embedded software using industry best practices and robust software engineering principles; verifies software updates to ensure quality products.
Product Verification and Validation Management - Coordinates the development of design verification and system validation plans from a variety of inputs to identify failure modes while managing risk and relative priority; evaluates analytical and experimental test results following engineering principles to verify that products meet internal technical requirements and to validate that design solutions meet customer needs; produces recommendations with technical documentation to support product decisions.
System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
Product Platform Planning and Architecting - Creates and develops a holistic product platform including key architectural feature and function variants needed to align with market level product plans of future target markets; generates alternative architectures traceable to the requirements and performs trade-off analysis in collaboration with life-cycle stakeholders to ensure a balanced and optimum platform; communicates and maintains traceable information and plans executed by product development teams.
Systems Thinking - Defines the system of interest by drawing the boundaries, identifying its context within its environment, its interfaces, and that it has a lifecycle to aid in planning the problem statement, scope and deliverables ; analyzes linkages and interactions between elements that comprise the system of interest by using appropriate methods, models and integration of outcomes to understand the system, predict its behavior and devise modifications to it in order to produce the desired effects.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Cultivates innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Post-graduate (Master's) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles.
• Prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and leadership to a project team(s). Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
• Lead architecture, design, implementation, validation and release of software for next generation embedded controller of Automated Transmissions.
• Requirements to be ISO 26262 compatible drive software level requirements to support functional safety.
• Provide direction to software development team continuing to support current products on legacy embedded controller.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
• Post-graduate (Master's) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Eaton Cummins and E-verify
At Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Eaton Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies today. careers.Cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/Cummins
February 3, 2020