We are looking for a talented Software Validation Engineer Principal to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Corporate/CBS in Columbus, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Take a system from coping requirements through actual launch of the system.
• Communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet production deadlines.
• Apply expert knowledge of various automotive protocols such as UDS, CAN, J1939, and XCP.
• Troubleshoot various automotive and product layers including ECM, protocols such as UDS, XCP, and CAN, TSP, calibrations, components, builds, AWS environments, databases, and products.
• Use advance features of CAN communication tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, and CANBrowsers to reduce human errors and increase quality of products.
• Train team members on how to use advanced features of CAN tools and CAPL to reduce errors and increase overall productive of team.
• Manage and review test plans, test cases, and test report generation to validate test coverage.
• Develop automated and manual testing strategies such as functional and system that increases repeatability of testing processes and productivity of team.
• Collaborate with product teams, partners, project management, and customers to ensure on-time deliverables.
• Work with Cummins Electronics (CE) and engineering to ensure telematics products adheres to standard.
• Demonstrate ability to architect, design, and implement manual and automated automotive verification and validation framework that is data driven.
• Use knowledge of collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence to track and measure progress of team in an agile environment.
• Propose improved testing methods and strategies as product and technologies changes to increase productivity of team.
• Report to software engineering leader (SEL) for DA operations.
• Review status of various features with SEL on regular basis.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant related field is required.
• This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Significant experience working as a software engineer with the following knowledge and experiences is highly preferred:
• Working in Agile environments
• Fundamental IT technical skill sets
• Knowledge of, at least, one object-oriented programming languages such as JAVA or Python; CAPL can be used; that is used to automate CANoe test cases.
• Professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
• An understanding of end-to-end automotive calibration and diagnostic control and data flows from ECU, TSP, cloud, product, and equipment to identify architectural frames for test automation.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
June 7, 2021