Cummins is seeking a talented Solutions Architect to support its Aftermarket Information web based applications. This product focused position performs established technical tasks at the product and cross-business integration level for current and future products within a given business unit or corporate area. This involves work across many steps in the product life cycle. Because of the product centered nature of this position, they are very often a central point of coordination and decision making between product engineers, product line engineers, customer teams, purchasing, suppliers and manufacturing.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, other product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to quality product decisions.
• Perform end to end product development and support including the continued maintenance and improvement of various applications on the Integrated Aftermarket Catalog and QuickServe Online suite of applications to meet functional usage, business need and requirements
• Participating in implementation of six sigma projects as a team member
• Stay abreast of web development and underlying technology trends to maintain a competitive edge and assist in developing technology upgrade plans
• Applies academic knowledge and existing experience to take action and make decisions that progress projects forward without sacrificing project quality expectations. Examples of these decisions include day to day project details, analysis or test work instruction details, coordination across discipline areas, etc. that are necessary to make quality progress.
• Applies and improves processes such as ESW, iDFMEA, FIRG and tools such as 7-step problem solving, design review checklist and other specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
• Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
• Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
• Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
• Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
• Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
• Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
• Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
• High level of collaboration with members of the solution team, providing assistance when requested
• Design and develop new web-based applications for Quick Serve Online Suite of Applications using the following technologies: PHP/JAVA, MYSQL/ORACLE/MongoDb, XML/XSL – APACHE COCOON, PL/SQL, JQUERY,HTML5,CSS,AJAX, Angular 2 Framework. Spring Boot Applications, Cloud Platform like Microsoft Azure
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
March 18, 2021