We are looking for a talented Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team specializing in Finance for our Corporate Business Segment in Columbus, IN however we are open to candidates located in the Nashville, TN area as well.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Attack new opportunities and challenges with high energy, urgency, and enthusiasm. Responsible for the preparation of complex and interpretive financial analyses and reports. Supports the annual budget process, expense and/or staffing forecasts and statistical reporting.
• Prepares complex financial analyses and reports for department management. Prepares analyses, reports, and special studies for management. Develop improvements through simplifying complex processes
• Periodically propose ad-hoc analyses that are relevant to the specific IT team or work being completed
• Business partners with organizational unit(s) to develop annual budgets, expense and staffing forecasts, and statistical reporting. Analyze actual results for trends and gaps and provide ongoing input & feedback
• Prepares and consolidates financial data statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, and cost analysis. Financial support to specific IT groups that include Actuals, AOP, Variance Simulation, and Forecast.
• You will be the first approver on all software projects making sure they match requirements for capitalizing. Meeting with stakeholders before approving.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant, or similar certification preferred.
• Software capitalization experience
• Business partner experience with customers and suppliers
• Strong analytical skills
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee?s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
August 26, 2021