In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Responsible for the improvement, deployment and effectiveness of a broad range of Human Resources processes at the Jamestown Engine Plant.
• Leads specific improvement initiatives and HR projects.
• Provides staffing and recruiting support and implements tactics to select and maintain a diverse workforce.
• Resolves conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on human resources matters for individuals and managers at the plant.
• Conducts and documents complex investigations.
• Leads performance management activities, including employee development planning.
• Supports training initiatives.
• Manages administration of and adherence to human resources policies and procedures; advises leadership on compliance with key legislative requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
• Experience with Employee Relations – Building constructive relationships with employees and other stakeholders, applying knowledge of employment and labor laws; effectively managing conflict; building and maintaining a collaborative, productive work environment
• Experience with Conducting Investigations - Utilizing sound judgment and investigation tools/processes to resolve reported violations of Cummins standards
• Experience with Human Resources Consulting and Human Resources Business Process Execution and Collaborating with business leaders in applying business and Human Resources functional knowledge to interpret the business environment, identifying and prioritizing current and future problems requiring solutions; structuring clear problem statements, breaking down issues into smaller, meaningful and manageable components that when addressed, provide a holistic solution.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field along with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
August 22, 2021