• Responsible for developing software programs per technical specifications following programming standards and procedures, performing testing, executing program modifications, and responding to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
• Ensures secure coding and UI standards and best practices are applied during development. Provides input and contributes to the enhancement and maintenance of applications and programs.
• Leads efforts to configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications.
• Performs detailed and complex unit testing and secure code testing, and issues resolution.
• Drives and supports the process for source code management.
• Contributes to integration, systems, and performance testing and tuning of code.
• Participates in peer secure code reviews.
• Define and promote opportunities for re-usability of code, configurations, procedures, and techniques.
Solution Functional Fit Analysis - Composes and decomposes a system into its component parts using procedures, tools and work aides for the purpose of studying how well the component parts were designed, purchased and configured to interact holistically to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Solution Modeling - Creates, designs and formulates models, diagrams and documentation using Cummins IT processes, standards, tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Programming - Creates, writes and tests computer code, test scripts, and build scripts using algorithmic analysis and design, Cummins IT processes, standard and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Solution Configuration - Configures, creates and tests a solution for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Data Modeling - Creates, writes and tests data models, test scripts and build scripts using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Performance Tuning - Conceptualizes, analyzes and solves application, database and hardware problems using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Solution Validation Testing - Validates a configuration item change or solution using the IT Operating Model (ITOM), including the SDLC standards, tools and metrics, to ensure that it works as designed and meets customer requirements.
Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
• Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
• Technical Skills - Service Cloud
• Components, lightning pages, Lightning data services,
• Apex classes, Apex triggers, Page Layouts, Sharing Rules, static resources and migration tools on Sales and Service Cloud including customer and partner portal development.
• Hands on experience with Web Services/SOA, & Metadata APIs
• Experience with building custom Web Services for handling inbound requests and outbound calls to external Web Services
• Experience in writing the SOQL and SOSL while practicing governance guidelines and optimal performance
• Hands on experience Implementing data Security using Access controls
• Proficient in Data Migration from Traditional Applications to Salesforce using Import Wizard and Data Loader Utility.
• Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software development tools using Agile framework and methodologies (Jira/Confluence, Visual Studio, Eclipse ..)
• Experienced in handling multi country rollouts and managed multiple instances of Salesforce.com
• Experience with applying best practices on Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning and Lightning platforms.
• Experience with configuring and customizing Field Service managed package is a plus.
• Platform developer1 Certifications is a must for this role.
• Hands on experience in Salesforce.com configuration in creating the Custom Objects, Custom fields, buttons, links, Recordtypes, Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Workflows, and Approval Processes.
• Hands on experience designing and building process flows, process builders and workflows.
• Development and customizations of Salesforce.com applications using re-usable Lightning Knowledge of Services oriented design principles (SOA)
• Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills
• Team player with good Interpersonal skills.
• Service Cloud Certifications will be a plus for this role.
• Sales Cloud and Service Cloud experience
• Object oriented development skills (Java, .Net),SQL,RDBMS experience will be a plus
• Working knowledge on Lightning web components will be a plus
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
December 21, 2020