Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Salesforce Platform Developer to join our team specializing in Corporate Strategy in Columbus, IN.
• Responsible for developing software programs per technical specifications following programming standards and procedures, performing testing, executing program modifications, and responding to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
• Ensures secure coding and UI standards and best practices are applied during development. Provides input and contributes to the enhancement and maintenance of applications and programs.
• Leads efforts to configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications.
• Performs detailed and complex unit testing and secure code testing, and issues resolution.
• Drives and supports the process for source code management.
• Contributes to integration, systems, and performance testing and tuning of code.
• Participates in peer secure code reviews.
• Define and promote opportunities for re-usability of code, configurations, procedures, and techniques.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• University, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
• This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
• Significant relevant experience required. 4 plus years of experience.
• Technical Skills - Service Cloud
• Components, lightning pages, Lightning data services,
• Apex classes, Apex triggers, Page Layouts, Sharing Rules, static resources and migration tools on Sales and Service Cloud including customer and partner portal development.
• Hands on experience with Web Services/SOA, & Metadata APIs
• Experience with building custom Web Services for handling inbound requests and outbound calls to external Web Services
• Experience in writing the SOQL and SOSL while practicing governance guidelines and optimal performance
• Hands on experience Implementing data Security using Access controls
• Proficient in Data Migration from Traditional Applications to Salesforce using Import Wizard and Data Loader Utility.
• Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software development tools using Agile framework and methodologies (Jira/Confluence, Visual Studio, Eclipse ..)
• Experienced in handling multi country rollouts and managed multiple instances of Salesforce.com
• Experience with applying best practices on Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning and Lightning platforms.
• Experience with configuring and customizing Field Service managed package is a plus.
• Platform developer1 Certifications is a must for this role.
• Hands on experience in Salesforce.com configuration in creating the Custom Objects, Custom fields, buttons, links, Recordtypes, Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Workflows, and Approval Processes.
• Hands on experience designing and building process flows, process builders and workflows.
• Development and customizations of Salesforce.com applications using re-usable Lightning Knowledge of Services oriented design principles (SOA)
• Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills
• Team player with good Interpersonal skills.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
June 4, 2021