We are looking for a talented System Performance Engineer to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Engine Business Unit in Columbus, Indiana.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Obtaining input and negotiating with stakeholders, such as team members, engineers from other teams, technical managers, project leaders, product and manufacturing engineers, and supplier partners
* Delivering information, guidance, and recommendations to support and/or make project decisions, or to provide input related to further analysis, design optimization, feasibility studies, or architecture definition.
* Making decisions in the areas of short-term project details, such as conducting analysis, testing
* Applies and supports the improvement of processes
* Providing independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems, or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
* Delivering independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
* Leading the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* College, university, or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines. Mechanical Engineering degree HIGHLY preferred as well as three or more years of hands-on experience.
* On the job test cell experience
* Calibration tuning experience desired
* Fundamental understanding of the combustion engine
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
January 6, 2022