We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Catalyst Performance Integration Technical Specialist to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Components business unit in Columbus, IN. This role is temporarily 100% remote and will require a hybrid schedule post pandemic.
This role will make an impact in the following ways:
• Applies specialized knowledge of component and sub system performance, to identify and advance solutions for design, integration, and performance of catalyst. Works with cross functional teams on projects that require, catalyst selection, failure analysis, performance characterization, interpretation and writing of requirements.
• Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects and works under minimal supervision.
• Leads small projects or portions of large projects and provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
• Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success, and influences at department or program management level.
• Provides input on program-related decisions and proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
• Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions, and assists with the transfer of knowledge, coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
• Works on defining key requirements, tracking throughout program and driving other engineers on timely program DVP&R delivery
• Developing best practices to carry out the catalyst design simulations, engine tests, field tests, and overall project management
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Master of Science, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent degree in engineering required, along with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
• Prior experience with engine tuning or aftertreatment tuning and performance characterization and requirements management, ability to work in a larger team, and drive program and deliverables to timely execution and completion
• Prior experience with requirements management and performance evaluation of catalysts for the diesel exhaust aftertreatment system
• Basic understanding of aftertreatment components and system performance for diesel and alternate fuels engines such as natural gas and experience with MATLAB and engine data analysis with limited guidance
• Prior experience with modelling tools such as BOOST, running engine test cells, performance characterization of catalyst used for diesel applications in NA and Europe
• Prior experience with catalyst manufacturing process; quality check process; manufacturing data analysis
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
June 30, 2021