We are looking for a talented Systems Engineering Product Advisor to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Components Business Segment in Galesburg, Michigan. *This role will be working on-site at times.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, other product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to quality product decisions.
• Uses systems knowledge and expertise to make decisions in the areas of technology integration, design, analysis and experimental test verification and validation for both new a current products that impact product form, functionality and overall project risk trade-offs.
• Provides problem resolution leadership for complex systems with a high degree of ambiguity and often global business impact.
• Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across function(s) within a global business unit or managing improvement across business units.
• Coordinates and directs work of technical project teams, up to and including direct management of small to mid-sized teams.
• Operates as the recognized multi-competency specialist or expert in a discipline or product area across a site or global business unit with responsibility for developing local talent (direct or indirect).
• Coaches and mentors other engineers, project managers and cross-functional team members.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 7 – 10 years of experience in a Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering role, preferably as a team leader
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
• Vehicle systems related experience – calibrating vehicle performance, validation testing, product durability, etc.
• Matlab and Canopy experience preferred
• Global leadership experience preferred
• Great communication skills required
• Up to 25% travel required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
June 1, 2021