We are looking for a talented Systems Engineering Product Specialist to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Engine Business Segment in Columbus, IN
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• This position involves work across many steps in the product life cycle. Because of the product centered nature of this position, they are very often a central point of coordination and decision making between product engineers, product line engineers, customer teams, purchasing, suppliers and manufacturing.
• Ensuring that the calibration releases from all the products are tested properly through the vehicle integration team prior to customer launch
• Leading at least three others in an effort to work collaboratively with them to subdivide the workload in product release calibrations and manage the project work between those three people to ensure all the testing work is completed on time
• Develop and maintain the CB documentation for the products from an electrical standpoint.
• Working on the electrification calibrations and testing of on highway heavy duty and light duty on highway diesel
• Applies and improves processes such as ESW, iDFMEA, FIRG and tools such as 7-step problem solving, design review checklist and other specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines
• Electrical knowledge and experience preferably in controls and calibrations
• Fundamental knowledge of SAE J1939 and Calterm insight
• Proven conflict management skills and must be collaborative
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
December 15, 2021