We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Technical Advisor to join our team specializing in Electrical Design for our Electrical Design department in Minneapolis, MN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Designing Electronic hardware for Power Electronics applications and leading the detailed design for Power Electronics for Power Converters and Genset Controllers
• Working with Layout Engineers to develop hardware. Using circuit simulation, analysis and DFMEA/PFMEA to ensure robust design.
• Understanding and implementing appropriate rules and strategies for high-frequency signals
• Coordinating the development of design verification and system validation plans from a variety of inputs to identify failure modes while managing risk and relative priority
• Evaluating analytical and experimental test results following engineering principles to verify that products meet technical requirements and validating that the design solutions meet customer needs
• Producing recommendations with technical documentation to support product decisions
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 6 years of relevant experience, including assessing system requirements and contributing in developing the Electronic System Architecture
• Deep experience with digital and analog circuit design, including filter selection/design/and analysis, and working in electrical design software (Zuken, Mentor, etc. )
• The ability to perform electrical circuit analysis, for both analog and digital circuits, use critical thinking and troubleshooting capabilities. Experience with Pspice and Matlab
• Experience working with different microcontroller architectures and understands various communication links like MODBUS, CAN, Ethernet and their impact on Hardware design
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
July 9, 2021