We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Technical Systems Specialist to join our team specializing in Systems for our Components Business department. This role is based in Columbus, IN. This role is 100% remote currently and will have a hybrid schedule post.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Work with global cross functional teams and internal customers on system level issues and projects related to hardware and base software development
• Conduct Root cause analysis for investigation of reported issues and perform system level failure mode effects analysis to identify appropriate and complete solution
• Provide systems level leadership (system design technical lead) to ensure that other technical lanes integrate and function as expected
• Translate internal stakeholders’ requests to requirements that drive ECM software and/or hardware changes, and provide quick and accurate estimates associated with system level tasks
• Track various system level tasks that impact the different functional lanes and perform risk management for the project, and develop & manage good technical requirements (verifiable, attainable, necessary) with traceability to source requirements in the in the product life cycle management system
• Work closely with the Technical Project leader (TPL), Design technical leads (DTLs) & other managers to share project update and escalation management
• Perform system level validation to ensure the solution performs as expected, and follow standard process & templates and conduct design reviews for releasing updates and changes to ECM software, hardware and/or tools
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required, along with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with Electronics base software architecture (low level device drivers, protocol stack development and or Autosar base SW components)
• System level understanding of Electronic Control Module (ECM) and interactions between various subsystems hardware, software, sensors, actuators, tools and automotive, aerospace, or other similar applications
• Understanding/Awareness of J1939, functional safety and cyber security, and familiarity with microcontrollers and ASICs used for aerospace or other similar application controls
• Experience with tools like PTC integrity or IBM Doors for requirements management, and product life cycle development management and project management
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
July 15, 2021