Job does not require specific languages
As a Software Developer at Digonex, you’ll join the team responsible for automating and maintaining workflows that make possible our data-driven pricing solutions for attractions (zoos, museums, tours, theme parks, etc.) and performing arts organizations (concert venues, theatres, orchestras, to name a few). Your work will make a critical and direct impact on both Digonex and the community that seeks our help to obtain their business objectives.
What you’ll do (the job):
* Design, code, and/or configure solutions for moderate complexity Agile stories with some guidance from more a senior software engineer.
* Debug and resolve moderate complexity software bugs or issues.
* Write automated unit and integration-level tests under own direction.
* May create or support the creation of a conceptual design/architecture for small scale software solutions with guidance from an architect or more senior developer.
* Follow development standards and effectively demonstrate technical solutions to other software engineers in code reviews.
* Communicate effectively with other members of your project team as well as client service managers, project managers, and economists.
* Implement software coding practices for quality, testing, and security.
* Use knowledge of software development best practice to continually innovate and develop our software practice.
* Deploy test covered code using Test Driven Development and automated testing frameworks.
What you’ll need (your skills):
* Experience with object oriented design.
* Experience with object oriented programming languages such as C#, Ruby, PHP, or Java.
* Strong problem solving skills and translating requirements into code
* Experience working with a source control system in a shared code environment.
* You are collaborative but also capable of working autonomously to define and develop software and data projects.
* You are passionate about efficiency and process improvement.
* Experience building and working with: .NET Core, Azure Devops, REST API development, ASP.NET MVC, and SQL databases.
* This is a remote position based in the United States. (Candidates in the Indianapolis, IN area are welcome, but not required, to work from our office).
* Because so many of us work remotely, we try to get together in person from time to time. You can expect to travel occasionally to team and departmental meetings in Indianapolis (travel expenses paid by the company). Planned frequency is approximately quarterly.
Who we are (the company):
Digonex helps our clients achieve transformational revenue growth with a data-driven, scientific approach to ticket pricing. Our team of Ph.D. economists creates customized pricing algorithms for attractions and performing arts. New data is transformed and input to the algorithms to make sure pricing is constantly being optimized to match what the market is willing to pay. Our customers are growing their revenue, and our company is growing as a result!
We are looking for (values fit):
The right person for this job will fulfill our “Eleven Commandments.”
1. Admit your mistakes
2. Be flexible – Keep an open mind
3. Be rational – Look at all options
4. Have fun – Don’t take this too seriously
5. Never get smug
6. Be creative and innovative – make our products better everyday
7. Believe in yourself – If you think you can make it happen, you will
8. Never jeopardize your integrity – We win the right way or we don’t win at all
9. Be good to your people – Get them into the game and give them a piece of the pie
10. Be passionate about what you do and compassionate about how you do it
11. Take care of your customers – Think of them and you’ll win
September 19, 2022