This person is responsible for the day to day operation and implementation of business applications and information systems. This individual performs routine maintenance and system administration tasks that are necessary to properly maintain a validated information system environment.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities:
• Performs system administration duties for controlled systems. Interacts heavily with system owners/users to resolve issues, adapt applications and assure that these tools meet the changing needs of our business.
• Develops queries and reports to meet user needs.
• Documents user requirement specifications, identifies, evaluates and proposes software solutions in order to improve and enhance user and company productivity and managing the deliverables of such projects.
• Writes procedures and documentation to support routine system operation and maintain system validation status.
• Works heavily with Computer Systems Validation – including the preparation of validation protocols and associated documentation.
• Assists with the overall IT support of the Indianapolis, IN facility.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• As a part of the employee’s job requirements, the employee may be required to handle wastes including hazardous wastes. The employee must attend mandatory annual hazardous waste training meeting(s) and show a competency in that training by passing test(s) administered by the company or consultant providing such training.
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field of study.
• Five plus years’ experience in Information Technology, preferably three to five years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Exchange, Share Point, Windows desktop and server operating systems, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Experience with laboratory and manufacturing systems or other highly integrated business information systems required.
• Strong project management skills (develops plans/budgets, coordinates the activities of an integrated project team, and maintains strong relationships with system owners).
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, cGMP’s and computer system validation a plus.
• Experience with Waters Empower and/or Nugenisis a plus.
• Functional knowledge of Office 365 a plus.
• Functional knowledge of Oracle a plus.
• Functional knowledge of VMware vSphere and ESXi a plus.
• Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills and be customer service oriented.
• Able to work under limited supervision.
• Flexibility to work extra hours on occasion and some travel may be required.
January 27, 2020