Franklin College is accepting applications for the position of A/V and Desktop Support Technologist. In adherence to the Office of Information Technology mission, it is the responsibility of the Desktop Support team to provide a comprehensive level of support for student and employee hardware and software needs as well as assist with on-campus events to ensure that those events run without incident related to audio/video support. The expectation of audio/video technology support constitutes the primary responsibility of the A/V and Desktop Support Technologist. The A/V and Desktop Support Technologist will assume the role of primary contact and support for all on-campus events during and outside of Franklin College’s regular working hours (defined below). Event support in this role will include but is not limited to: working with event coordinators to discuss and plan technology implementations according to the needs of each event; setting up and testing software (Zoom, any video and/or audio recording software, NDI tools, etc.) and hardware (computers, streaming hardware, projectors, sound equipment, etc.) prior to an event; communicating event support hardware and software needs to other members of the Desktop Support team; post-event technology cleanup; and follow up conversations with event coordinators, other members of the Desktop Support team, and the IT Director around improvements for future events.
Secondarily, the A/V and Desktop Support Technologist will work with the Desktop Support team during regular working hours on non-event related technology support. The comprehensive level of support expected of the Desktop Support team includes, but is not limited to: installing, configuring, and ensuring ongoing usability of desktop and laptop computers; providing peripheral equipment and software within established standard and guidelines; and providing support for printing to network printers and multi-function printers.
This is a salaried, full-time position reporting to the Director of Information Technology.
Essential Position Functions
• Provide campus-wide support, setup, and maintenance for all A/V needs;
• Coordinate and provide technology support for all campus events;
• Research and make recommendations regarding A/V hardware and software maintenance and upgrade options for Franklin College’s event and classroom A/V environments;
• Work with Instructional Technologist in Academic A/V implementations;
• Coordinate and support A/V implementations as directed by Director of Information Technology;
• Work some nights and weekends upon request;
• Provide technology orientation to new college employees;
• Answer the helpdesk phone and provide desktop support as needed;
• Provide the comprehensive level of support expected of the Desktop Support team;
• Provide support for printing to networked printers and multi-function printers (MFPs);
• Work in a multi-layered client/server computer environment to ensure interconnection between users and network file servers, document management system, email servers, application servers, and administrative software systems;
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Information Technology.
• Minimum high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution;
• Working knowledge of audio/visual equipment;
• Prior professional experience in desktop support helpful, but not required;
• Basic knowledge of the following:
o Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Android, & iOS;
o Microsoft Office products;
o Apple products;
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills;
• Customer service experience preferred;
• Ability to adapt to quickly changing environments and multitask as needed;
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
This job functions in a professional office environment. Working conditions will be mostly in an office environment but there are times when work is required in conference rooms and other facility rooms. Job tasks do not involve occupational exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue – Category III. The ability to lift 35 pounds is required with, or without reasonable accommodationsPosted On
November 14, 2022