As a Senior Hardware Engineer at Glassboard, you will be responsible for the design, review, and testing of custom embedded electronics solutions. This role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and work in close cooperation with our Hardware Engineering team as well as the rest of the Glassboard product development team.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analog and digital circuit design
- Create and review component libraries, schematic capture, and PCB layout
- Assist in the creation of technical specifications from high-level customer requirements
- Participate in prototype bring-up and debugging, as well as functional verification
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an engineering or product development-focused field
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CE/EET/CET preferred, or equivalent experience
- Consumer, Automotive, Industrial, or Medical product development experience is a plus
- Schematic capture and layout experience: multi-layer (4+)
- Familiarity with common hardware-level communications such as USB, CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with software tools such as Git or SVN
- Hand soldering skills (0402, QFN, BGA)
- 8+ years of experience in product development
- Schematic capture and layout experience in Altium Designer
multi-layer (6+), LVDS, USB, high speed, HDI, and flex-rigid
- Develop limited firmware and software solutions in various embedded environments
- Familiar with IDEs such as Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, Kiel, IAR, etc.
- An understanding of power electronics and battery management systems
- RF design experience and experience with regulatory certification and testing (FCC, CE, UL)
- Experience working with wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, LTE, LoRa, Wi-Fi, etc.
Glassboard is a product development company that exists to improve the world around us. We work with companies and brands to design products, services, and processes. We are headquartered in Indianapolis, IN.
Glassboard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
January 19, 2023