High Alpha Innovation is looking to expand our executive team with an In-House General Counsel with well-rounded experience in all of some of the following - company formation and capitalization, company governance, mergers and acquisition, law firm management, and venture financing deal experience. This hire will work closely with the High Alpha Innovation executive team, our corporate and university partners, and the CEOs of the ventures we launch to provide legal support and advice on structuring and negotiating contracts. This is a critical role requiring a nuanced understanding of the strategies in corporate venture building while balancing the considerations necessary for the success of future funding rounds and company vision. In addition to serving as part of the negotiation team of terms for new ventures and studio creation, this In-House Counsel will advise on all legal matters including internal operations, contracts, regulatory & compliance, employment matters, and direct all external counsel outsourcing for both High Alpha Innovation and the related ventures.
What you’ll do:
- Create, maintain, modify, and execute High Alpha Innovation customer contracts and statements of work
- Negotiate deal structures and the terms of new joint ventures and permanent venture studios with our corporate and university partners
- Work with and manage outside counsel and corporate partner counsel to ensure swift, orderly, and cost efficient company formation and capitalization
- Advise and assist portfolio companies on contracts, corporate matters, and other legal matters
- Support operations team on a broad range of legal matters, including firm and portfolio company related regulatory filings, reviewing and negotiating vendor contracts, employment matters, NDAs etc.
- Keep up-to-date on industry news, best practices and thought leadership
- Actively contribute to new business ideas and our core business of innovation and startup ideation and creation
- Assist with finance, legal, and operational aspects of M&A and fundraisingPosted On
May 13, 2021