At High Alpha, we partner with exceptional founders to conceive, launch, and scale next-generation B2B SaaS companies through the application of business strategy, world-class design, and product development. We design new businesses from the ground up by providing the critical research, infrastructure, talent, and resources that companies need to innovate and scale quickly.
We are constantly looking for talented and experienced designers to join our growing portfolio of companies. Design is paramount for our new businesses and we invest deeply in ensuring that each new company has access to top design talent. That’s where you come in. As a Designer in Residence at High Alpha, you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside the High Alpha team as we build new software companies from the ground up. You will be fully immersed into the process of new company creation - participating in our quarterly Sprint Weeks, collaborating with our studio company co-founders, and designing new brands, products, and services alongside our world-class design team. As you build new companies alongside our portfolio company co-founders you will have the opportunity to join them full time as their first design hire. You'll also become a part of the High Alpha network of experienced SaaS experts and operators included a community of 25+ designers across our Studio portfolio.
Visit highalpha.design to see our latest work.
What You’ll Do
- Own and develop design solutions from ideation to execution.
- Assist in the definition and scoping of new product MVPs.
- Work directly with the product and engineering teams to develop new product features that deliver meaningful experiences.
- Talk to prospects and potential users to validate concepts and develop thoughtful solutions.
- Collaborate with other designers to give and receive thoughtful feedback on creative work.
- Deliver high-fidelity assets for new products and services.
- Participate in the naming of new businesses.
- Develop compelling and engaging new brands and visual identities.
- Design marketing websites for our new software companies.
- Present and explain design ideas and concepts to our co-founders and CEOs with confidence.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-3+ years professional design experience.
- A thoughtfully-presented portfolio that demonstrates a refined aesthetic, the ability to think conceptually, and excellent visual and product design skills.
- Ability to take lead and own one’s own tasks and projects from start to finish.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in UX research methods.
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Proven experience creating high-fidelity designs in Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
- The ability to create prototypes using Origami, Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS or other tools.
What We Value:
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Posted On
June 23, 2020