High Alpha builds and invests in enterprise software companies. Often, we partner with Fortune 500 companies to develop ideas for new startups. We work together to design, launch and invest in the startups, which we support and scale through our studio. We are seeking a Director, Corporate Innovation to join our High Alpha team and manage these collaborations with corporate partners. The selected candidate will exhibit a high-level of professionalism and a business style that is entrepreneurial, strategic, creative, team-oriented, hands-on, and collaborative.
The role is high-responsibility and high-impact, requiring the Director to be the primary thought leader and problem-solver on teams. The Director will be responsible for leading teams in the shepherding of new business ideas through High Alpha's business design process--managing a team composed of High Alpha designers, engineers and/or business analysts to develop ideas with our corporate partners into new, fundable businesses.
What You'll Do:
- Lead problem structuring, analysis, and synthesis
- Lead the development of hypotheses that will inform business design
- Develop and execute a detailed work plan for projects
- Oversee the qualitative and quantitative research efforts of a team
- Develop end-to-end documents with logical storyline and flow
- Interact closely with corporate partners’ leadership teams
- Prepare and own development of all deliverables
- Lead internal and external meetings including the presentation of key insights
- Work closely with High Alpha leadership to support business development efforts
- Actively manage the individual professional development of junior employees
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA required, MBA and/or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years consulting experience in a top-tier strategy consulting firm, with experience managing teams and client engagements
- Experience in entrepreneurial settings, especially in SaaS, is a plus--but not a requirement
- Advanced PowerPoint/Keynote skills
- Proven thought leader with intellectual curiosity and superior ability to use reason, logic, and creativity to solve ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, generate clear work plans and lead junior employees
- Skillful communicator who is comfortable, effective, and influential in meetings with senior management teams
- Self-starter who can thrive in an unstructured and collaborative team environment
What we value:
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Posted On
March 7, 2019