This job is EXPIRED. Click Here to see similar jobs.
Assistant Director of Outside Plant and Facilities
The Assistant Director of OSP & Facilities is responsible for the day to day operations of the Outside Plant and Equipment Facilities Support Business Unit. Monitoring an aggressive, high volume, construction and maintenance schedule and the resources to ensure timely delivery of service order based client deliverables, the total availability of equipment facilities infrastructure and completion of internal directives. Responsible for overall performance, productivity and utilization of contracted and departmental personnel, interval performance, deadlines, cost tracking and management, cost actuals versus budget, build quality, reporting accuracy, communication updates and inter-department interface. Directs, manages and supervises the engineering and maintenance of outside plant fiber optic cable and equipment enclosures.
• Working knowledge of the telecommunications industry standards, practices and regulations pertaining to engineering of fiber optic outside plant facilities.
• Knowledge of underground construction methods and engineering requirements to include familiarity with general permitting requirements for State Department of Transportation, as well as other state, county, and city permitting requirements.
• Familiarity with outside plant geo-mapping systems.
• Ability to operate and maintain the infrastructure of a modern data center, including power, cooling, security systems, maintenance operations and building management systems.
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field, equivalent work experience, or combination thereof
• A minimum of five (5) years managing a group of at least three (3) technical personnel who are responsible for their own deliverables
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the fiber optic/ telecommunications /telecom construction industry