The Professional Services Kronos Consultant will work as a part of the implementation team to gather business requirements, configure, and to provide technical support for all aspects of the Kronos Workforce Dimensions Suite. Consultants will have to be able to communicate clearly with the customer team in order to analyze specifications provided by the customer. Consultants will work closely with Project Managers and other professional services team members in order to communicate and understand outcomes using the Kronos Paragon methodology. Consultants need to have a comprehensive understanding of the Kronos Workforce Dimensions Suite in order to apply solutions with a consultative approach. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
What do we look for in a Consultant?
• Technical Aptitude
• Understanding of Workforce Management environment
• Critical Thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to foster collaboration inside and outside the organization
• Ability to multitask and balance various projects related to different modules in the organization
• Strong Leadership and Adaptability
• Ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
• Drive for innovation and continuous improvement
• Ability to build trusting relationships
As the hub for recruiting, developing, and placing top tech talent within the organization, the ITC offers SURGE, an extensive 8-week technical onboarding program for consultants and project managers. Candidates are drawn from leading Indiana universities and trained to problem solve, think innovatively, and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
SURGE provides tools, resources, and skills to prepare the next generation of Kronos Services professionals in workforce management and human capital management. To date, more than 220 Kronos consultants and project managers have completed SURGE training and advanced to new roles with increasing responsibility.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
• Completion of bachelor’s degree in business, informatics or other related field
• Reside within a reasonable commuting distance to Indianapolis, IN
• Technical aptitude/interest in learning new software
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a project team.
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
• Effectively communicate and present remotely via telephone and/or in person
• Experience working with SaaS and/or Workforce Management systems is a plus
• Successful completion of an internship or relevant work experience
January 10, 2020