Executive Summary: Associate Hardware Engineer
The Internet of Things starts with Things. The transformational benefits promised by IoT and technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep analytics will not be realized unless and until Things themselves are made more intelligent and better connected. In support of our growth as a leading IoT Solutions Accelerator, Mesh Systems seeks to hire an Associate Hardware Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be a member of our cohesive IoT solutions team working in a modern agile environment. You and your colleagues will design, develop, test, document, and deliver embedded hardware components as a critical part of end-to-end IoT Solutions. Join us for this opportunity to combine your creativity, passion, and skills for building high-quality embedded systems while working alongside acknowledged experts in the field and some of the best-known and respected brands in the world!
This is a hybrid position with both work from home/in-office work based out of our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN (specifically Carmel) or our IoT Innovation Center in Appleton, WI reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
• Design and develop electrical hardware for IoT applications, which includes designing sensor and actuator devices, telemetry, and backhaul gateways
• Develop product specifications, create part and assembly designs and bills of materials, and validate designs
• Work with accredited test laboratories to ensure electromagnetic compatibility with agency and carrier standards and resolve any issues that arise
• Work collaboratively within a team that uses modern Agile methodologies as a process framework to develop cutting-edge IoT services
• Collaborate with Program Managers to provide status updates, work through challenges, and gather requirements from customers
• Conduct design reviews to ensure that designs are technically sound and offer suggestions for improvement
• Create documentation for the team to share, including design specifications, user manuals, and test reports
• Familiarity with some of the following tools for schematic capture and simulation: Orcad, KiCAD, Altium Designer, PSPICE, LTSpice, Matlab, Octave, and Excel. PCB design experience is a plus.
• Understanding of Bluetooth, WiFi, and Cellular communication modules, antennas, and components
• Experience in analog and digital circuit design
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems as well as manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team depending on the project's requirements
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
• Experience with ARM Cortex-based microcontrollers is preferred, and embedded firmware design experience is a plus
• 2-4 years of experience in building or working on production applications for customers
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
About Mesh Systems:
Mesh Systems is an Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Accelerator that helps enterprises achieve digital transformation. With over 18 years of experience working with Fortune 500s and industry leaders, Mesh Systems has IoT engineering competency across hardware, software, wireless technologies, and cloud services. We have been regularly awarded as one of the most innovative companies in the IoT ecosystem. In 2023, we received recognition as a “Best Places to Work” company by the Indiana Chamber, along with two Mira Award nominations for Exceptional Employer and Scale-Up of the Year. As a sales-driven, partner-led organization, we continuously seek to drive value and maximize the benefits of IoT for the enterprises we serve.
What is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
IoT is a business revolution that has been brought about by incremental advances in technology. Internet-connected devices are all around us in the form of tablets, smartphones, and laptops, but IoT is about connecting the plethora of other things to the internet like espresso machines, beer tap handles, light poles, thermostats, and industrial machinery. By extracting key information from these devices, companies can better understand their customers, increase the safety and sustainability of their products, and fundamentally reinvent their business models.
Working at Mesh has its perks!
Salary, company bonus, medical, dental, vision, cyber security, and pet insurance, wellness benefit, 401k plan with match, flexible work from home, 2 weeks annually ability to work anywhere in the world, growth and development opportunities, flex-time off, volunteer time off, company paid life insurance, Friday Lunch & Learns, and unlimited snacks, fruit, coffee, and sodas!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mesh Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Our goal is to employ a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, to stay and do their best work.
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS ACCEPTEDPosted On
May 4, 2023