Executive Summary: Embedded Firmware Engineer
The Internet of Things starts with Things. The transformational benefits promised by IoT and technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep analytics will not be realized unless and until Things themselves are made more intelligent and better connected. In support of our growth as a leading IoT Solutions Accelerator, Mesh Systems seeks to hire both experienced and mid/senior level Embedded Firmware Engineers to join our team. In these roles, you will be a member of our cohesive IoT solutions team working in a modern agile environment. You and your colleagues will design, develop, test, document, and deliver embedded software components as a critical part of end-to-end IoT Solutions. Join us for this opportunity to combine your creativity, passion, and skills for building high-quality embedded systems while working alongside acknowledged experts in the field and some of the best-known and respected brands in the world!
This is a hybrid position with both work from home/in-office work based out of our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN (specifically Carmel) or our IoT Innovation Center in Appleton, WI reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
● Collaborate and interface with hardware design and development
● Design, develop, test, document, and deploy embedded software components
● Maintain and improve existing embedded software components
● Provide post-production support as necessary
● Code review using Microsoft Azure DevOps
● Documentation for team sharing
● Work within a highly collaborative team using cutting edge IoT embedded frameworks and modern Agile methodologies as a process framework
● Some customer interaction along with a project manager to provide status updates, work through challenges, and gather requirements
● Ad hoc travel to support fielded systems as necessary
● At least 5+ years of hands-on industry embedded software experience
● Experience with development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
● Demonstrated programming experience in C or C++ solving embedded firmware problems
● Working knowledge of RTOS/OS coding techniques
● Knowledge of IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
● Experience working with version control, agile planning tools, and peer review. Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, and Git experience a plus.
● Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
● Able to work both independently and with a team depending on assignment
● Ability to work in a constantly evolving technological environment
● Ability to mentor others
● Ability to receive and implement feedback as part of continual improvement
● Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on our success
● BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering
● Familiarity and experience with Microsoft embedded IoT technologies such as Azure Sphere, Azure RTOS, and Azure IoT Hub client is preferred
● Enthusiasm and energy
About Mesh Systems:
Mesh Systems is an Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Accelerator that helps enterprises achieve digital transformation. With over 18 years of experience working with Fortune 500s and industry leaders, Mesh Systems has IoT engineering competency across hardware, software, wireless technologies, and cloud services. We have been regularly awarded as one of the most innovative companies in the IoT ecosystem. In 2023, we received recognition as a “Best Places to Work” company by the Indiana Chamber, along with two Mira Award nominations for Exceptional Employer and Scale-Up of the Year. As a sales-driven, partner-led organization, we continuously seek to drive value and maximize the benefits of IoT for the enterprises we serve.
Working at Mesh has its perks!
Salary, company bonus, medical, dental, vision, cyber security, and pet insurance, wellness benefit, 401k plan with match, flexible work from home, 2 weeks annually ability to work anywhere in the world, growth and development opportunities, flex-time off, volunteer time off, company paid life insurance, Friday Lunch & Learns, and unlimited snacks, fruit, coffee, and sodas!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mesh Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Our goal is to employ a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, to stay and do their best work.
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS ACCEPTEDPosted On
May 11, 2023