Job does not require specific languages
myCOI is an early industry-leader in the insurance technology space providing an innovative SaaS solution for tracking, processing, and managing certificates of insurance. Our Purpose - Erase the Worry through The Work We Do – Eliminating the disruptive impact of an insurance claim. Based in Indianapolis, myCOI’s proven track record of national growth and success has impacted hundreds of customers who use our products and services ranging from Fortune 100, Higher Education, Construction, Logistics, Healthcare, Property Management, down to some of our local favorite sports teams. myCOI Central offers an easy-to-use, cloud-based solution to protect organizations and ensure end-to-end compliance. It’s smart technology that has our industry expertise built right in-designed to provide a single place to view COI’s, compliance, and risk reporting, for vendors, suppliers, tenants, subcontractors, franchisees, and carriers. myCOI’s channel partners, a great leadership team that is energetic, innovative, and goal-oriented; along with living our core values: Unite, Reach, Own It, Choose Positive and Innovate, drives our continued growth and success.
We work hard to maintain an open, supportive culture that promotes the pursuit of excellence. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package, great work-life balance and an innovative, supportive culture. We know that myCOI’s success derives from great teamwork and each individual’s exceptional results. Join us on our mission to disrupt, innovate, and lead the industry!
The Product Manager/Product Owner must be a problem-solver focused on understanding and translating operational business practices into working solutions via an Agile SDL/Software Development Lifecycle and helping myCOI achieve our desired business outcomes. As the product lead, the Product Manager is responsible for:
• Understanding resources invested into the product and work to maximize value delivery for the customers and ROI for the company.
• Understanding, prioritizing, and defining the customer and business needs, while working as a member of an agile development team to deliver the product.
• Developing and leading Go-To-Market campaigns to achieve the desired adoption, customer value delivery and business outcomes for myCOI.
• Define and communicate a vision of the market needs today for the upcoming 3 years.
• Provides the leadership to resolve any impediment in SDL, Hosting, Support, Marketing, Training & Sales which prevents the achievement of desired outcomes.
The Product Manager has a detailed working knowledge of how users do their jobs and creates user stories and functional specifications to support user processes. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for product functionality and usability and works closely with engineers and usability experts to maximize both. Candidates are expected to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish a variety of complicated tasks and goals. A wide degree of technical proficiency, creativity, and latitude is expected.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Represent a leading SaaS company with the most innovative technology in the industry and a 95% customer retention rate.
• Highly visible role reporting directly to the newly appointed Chief Product Officer/CPO.
• Newly created role with the unique ability to shape the role and enhance our products with more innovation and automation in partnership with the CPO.
• Ability to use your well-rounded mix of product, technical and strategic business expertise in a fast-growth environment.
• Work with supportive leadership and with co-workers focused on helping you succeed.
• Professional growth & learning opportunities
• Great work-life balance, company culture, and 4-day workweek option
• Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the customer, business and market needs and ensure alignment with product vision, roadmap & integration, and stability.
• Manage the product life cycle from conception through release, go-to-market, and beyond to ensure adoption and monetization goals are achieved for the customer and myCOI.
• Maintain a high degree of communication across development, support, implementation, sales, and marketing departments in the execution of these goals.
• Develop, present, and execute product go-to-market plans, partnering strategies, product positioning, white papers, product briefs, sales training, partner training and competitive analysis.
• Translate the customer, business and market needs into product requirements that solve the customer business problem or optimizes the business practice.
• Use clear goals to communicate project vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that the team understands the target objectives.
• Communicates status outside the team and provides progress reporting for transparency.
• Prioritize all investments, epics by business value.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Enjoy spending time in the market to understand the opportunities or issues, and find innovative solutions.
• Represents, interfaces with, and engages with business users.
• Other duties as assigned
• Occasional travel for in person meetings if outside the Indianapolis area (less than 15%)
• 3-5 years of experience with progressively responsible software product management or software development work
• Product development or product management experience with SaaS solutions, insurance technology, or both preferred
• Ownership mentality to lead the team through direct management, peer collaboration, and influencing others to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner.
• Practical experience implementing Agile methods to drive team performance and a track record of success using the Agile method to deliver software products.
• Formal product owner and Agile training are very desirable.
• Knowledge of Azure DevOps or JIRA a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, decision-making and critical thinking skill.
• Strong analytical, technical, verbal, and written communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion.
• A team player who can work flexible hours.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline. Education requirements may be satisfied with commensurate experience.
• Competitive compensation package
• 401k with match
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Paternity and Maternity leave for expecting parents.
• Pet Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, 8 hours community volunteer time)
• 4-day work week option
August 20, 2021