At OneAmerica, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises, so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
The Data Engineer II/Data Modeler will assess and clarify data requirements. They will be responsible for shepherding data requirements through an iterative, agile delivery mechanism to ensure the delivery meets the requirements. This Data Engineer II/Data Modeler will analyze, create, maintain, and review complex object and data models and the metadata repository to align to project requirements.
• Design, review and maintain physical and logical data models
• Translate business requirements into data models
• Maintain model metadata as required by OA modeling standards
• Apply security classifications to entities as defined by OA data governance
• Participate in data model review sessions to ensure models meet stated data requirements
• Responsible for physical entity creation in dev, stage (via DBA request), and prod (via DBA request)
• Perform as an assigned member of delivery/project team
• Collaborate with System Design Analysts and business partners to gather data requirement so Perform data profiling activities to gather project data insight
• Document source system metadata (source system location, data type, length, definition)
• Identify potential impacts of project requirements on existing databaseso Update data stories in Jira to reflect project data requirements
• Partner with Data Architect to maintain OA standards for enterprise data definition and security processes
• Provide source to target data mappings to developers and supports development (first line for questions or clarifications).
• Support DBA activities including incident response
Required Education and/or Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline.
Recommended Education and/or certifications
• Preferred system knowledge:
o ER Studio
• CDMP certification, Mastery Level preferred
Required Work Experience
• 2+ years of experience data modeling, querying, and performance tuning relational DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
• At least 1 year of experience data modeling data solutions including but not limited to : ODS, Data Warehouse, Data Integration Hub, OLTP/OLAP, or equivalent knowledge
• Experience with recent data technologies (NOSQL, Hadoop, RedShift, etc.) preferred
• Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
March 11, 2021