At OneAmerica, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises, so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
We are seeking an individual with a drive for success to lead the Data Delivery efforts on an enterprise-scale, multi-year financial system implementation program. This role will require the associate to partner closely with other key roles within the program team, peers, and senior leaders.
The Delivery Lead provides indirect supervision to program team members. This role is required to lead the development efforts of others. Familiarity and experience in multiple technical domains and with delivery methodologies is preferred. Prior System Architecture experience is also preferred.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Technical leadership and active mentoring of the data engineering team on the program - including services integration, MarkLogic development, and data consumption
• Anticipating, interpreting, identifying, and solving meaningful problems
• Successful development of code and procedures by the data team - including both OA associates and contractor partner team members
• Seeing the solution through to delivery
• Clear team communication
• Work with internal and external clients to clarify and communicate requirements
• Assist in the technical grooming of work to be performed
• Work on behalf of our clients in building functionality to support their Application Needs
• Initiate and lead implementation and monitoring of efficiency improvements within the program
Required Education and/or Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline.
Recommended Education and/or certifications
• Master’s degree in computer science or similar field preferred
• Cloud Certifications a plus.
Required Work Experience
• 7+ years in an Application Engineering field related to data integration
7+ years of experience leading, developing, and implementing software initiatives
Expert skills leading large-scale software development within large-scale programs
Expert knowledge of software development methodology
Experience with data technologies, e.g. Informatica workflows and Informatica Power Center, SQL Server, MarkLog and/or MuleSoft
Superb communication and mentoring skills with the ability to connect with members of the development teams
Ability to design and implement best practices and design patterns for software engineering
Strong passion for learning new technologies and using them to solve technical problems
• Preferred Experience:
Strong SQL skills
Experience with test driven development practices
Experience with NoSQL database technology
Experience working in a DevOps environment
March 12, 2021