The VP, IT Infrastructure and Application Support reports to the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for day-to-day operations, maintenance, system availability, customer service requests as well as system updates for all OneAmerica’s IT infrastructure and business applications. This role is accountable for establishing, executing and maintaining the enterprise vision, strategy and program to ensure that OneAmerica’s physical and digital information assets and technologies are adequately maintained and remain operational. The position will work with OneAmerica’s executive leadership, technology, operations, systems information technology, and security teams. It will be responsible for the oversight, strategy, policies and technical requirements associated with the implementation and governance of the IT Operations function. The incumbent will also coordinate with all IT leaders across the enterprise to assure that related policies and IT controls are being effectively developed, implemented and executed.
The role is an integral component of the corporate governance structure and encompasses the strategy, behaviors, business processes and technology needed to maintain availability of all IT systems and applications. It is responsible for proactively reviewing, maintaining and analyzing the environment to ensure availability of the environment to the business. It is also responsible for all IT end user and VIP level support.
The incumbent will work closely with Senior Business Unit Leaders, Internal Audit, Vendor Management, Risk and Compliance Leaders. Regular contacts include internal and external auditors, external vendors/partners, Legal, Vendor Management, Project Management is also required of the position.
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
* 15+ years of experience managing IT staff
* 15+ years of experience leading IT security planning and response
* Knowledge of applicable industry rules (including PCI, SOX, and HIPAA)
* ITIL Foundations certifications preferred
* Strong subject matter experience in Infrastructure and ITIL service management
* Risk management experience with proven ability to effectively apply risk principles to challenging business situations
* Impeccable executive presentation and communication skills
* Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills
* Demonstrated ability to effectively build and manage teams
* Previous experience in the Insurance and/or Financial Services industry preferred
August 1, 2019