The Software Developer will work on our client-facing web application for managing and reporting on programs; on integrations with clients’ software systems; and on backend processes that automate the flow of data to and from our algorithms. The Software Developer will work as part of a team with other developers, as well as project managers, data analysts, and economists.
• Responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining applications.
• Evaluates existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet client needs.
• Identifies areas for modification in existing programs and develops those modifications.
• Follows approved life cycle methodologies, gathers requirements, and creates design documents.
• Troubleshoots and resolves problems associated with application systems.
• Communicates technology ideas and issues with peers, management, and end users
• Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a software-related field (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems) or equivalent work experience
• Java development experience (2-5 years)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Familiar with Spring framework
• Experience consuming RESTful web services
• MySQL/ORM experience
• Familiar with unit testing practices
• Proficient with code versioning/Git
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
• Familiar with JIRA/Confluence
• Strong problem solving skills and translating requirements into code
July 8, 2019