SQL Server Database Administrator
Carmel, Indiana, United States
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server databases to ensure the availability and consistent performance of PSI corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the development and management of SQL Server databases and data warehouses, ensuring operational readiness (security, health and performance), and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams.
• Support Product teams in defining and verification of data requirements during design, development, and implementation of information systems.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Create efficient stored procedures, functions, and scripts using T-SQL.
• Offer design recommendations for improving data access and efficiency.
• Construct and manage high-availability database solutions using mirroring, shared disks, log-shipping, and Azure based technologies.
• Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
• Assess emerging threats and recommend appropriate actions to ensure the continued confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company data.
• Monitor database performance, implementing query, index, and data structure changes as required.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Assist in providing 24x7 tier-3 support for all production database systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross training to other peers and team members.
• Provide consulting to senior management and PSI business units on data related issues and initiatives.
• Provide recommendations for addressing identified gaps and work closely with IT and PSI business units on creating corrective action and risk remediation plans.
• Respond to client data requests.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must be able to obtain US Government Security Clearance.
• 3+ years MS SQL Server administration and development experience required.
• Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, data integrity, and SQL.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
• Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows Server OS, Active Directory, SQL Server, and SSRS.
• Excellent customer facing communication skills (both written and verbal) with groups of various technical knowledge.
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
• Ability to balance team collaboration with independent responsibilities.
• Ability to organize and plan work independently.
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Tableau experience is a plus.
• Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Must be able to lift equipment up to 40 lbs.
• Will require some weekend/evening work.
• Minimal travel.
• Drug free workplace.
September 19, 2018