What You'll Contribute
The Release Train Engineer will perform various functions in support of the services provided by the Sallie Mae Office of the CIO. These will include, but are not limited to:
· Agile Coaching and Servant Leadership leveraging Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile Framework principles and practices.
· Facilitate program level processes and execution of the Scaled Agile Framework to drive a steady flow of value, continuous improvement and quality across the program.
· Driving cross team, program and Agile Release Train planning, coordination and impediments.
· Assisting with the creation of the Sallie Mae Project Delivery Methodology (PDM) and teaching, mentoring and coaching Agile Teams and the various roles on emerging Agile methods.
· Supporting various auditing and reporting requirements as necessary.
The right candidate will have a passion for leading change and meeting challenges that come from working in an environment where processes are being redefined and organizational change is necessary.
Project teams will be cross-functional and may be composed of internal and/or vendor resources.
Release and cross team integration management will be a key facet of this position, and the Release Train Engineer will be expected to provide leadership, coaching and take responsibility in the successful completion of these activities.
What You'll Do
% of Time Spent
• Program Management
· Manages and optimizes the flow of value through the program using various tools, such as the Program Kanban and Information Radiators
· Manages Program-level impediments, risks and dependencies
· Establishes, communicates and facilitates the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PI)
· Facilitates PI Planning readiness for all teams on the Agile Release Train (ART)
· Aggregates Team and Program PI Objectives and publish for visibility and transparency
· Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings at the Program Level
Escalates and tracks impediments
Manages Risks and Dependencies
· Understands and operates within the Agile Release Train budget
· Provides input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
· Attends System Demos and drive continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops
· Assists in assessing the agility level of the Program and Agile teams
• Agile Coaching
· Encourages collaboration between teams and System Architecture, UX, Digital, etc.…
· Works with Product Management, Product Owners and other Program stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
· Encourages Team and Program level Continuous Integration and Communities of Practice around SAFe, Agile and Lean practices
· Coaches leaders, teams and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and principles
· Creates an environment of mutual influence and listen/support teams in problem identification and decision making
Openness to change
• Reporting and Metrics
· Assists in development of Team and Program metrics to help drive future decisions
· Assists in supporting audit requirements across the IT organization as necessary
· Assists with execution and Feature completion tracking
· Reports status to Program Portfolio Management and Release Management to support related activities
• IT Audit Support
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this role.Posted On
September 28, 2021