Java, C#, Python, SQL
Key technology leader in the team that enables IT and Business partners to leverage AWS Cloud to the best possible extent with ease, security and stability. Play with advanced cloud technologies to provide scalable and sophisticated solutions aimed to make business and IT operations robust.
Provides guidance to Tier I & Tier 2 staff on escalations and act as liaison to Cloud Managed Service Provider. Creates automation to enable Sallie Mae to operate efficiently and scale in the Cloud with the least effort in a DevOps model.
Design, develop, implement and present secure advanced web-based solutions that will inter operate with various technologies that enable cloud implementation and management according to Sallie Mae standards.
This position will play a key role for translating sophisticated architecture defined by the Sallie Mae Cloud advisory group into scalable and functional solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Provide advanced technical support for multiple business functions on a day to day basis
- Design, Develop and Integrate cloud infrastructure management and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Service Now etc. to Sallie Mae standards
- Design, Develop and Integrate solution for CI/CD pipeline using various cloud technologies
- Collaborate with various IT teams and enables best implementation of Sallie Mae solution on the Cloud
- Ensures that cloud availability of business-critical systems, meets the defined SLAs, responds appropriately to customer issue escalations
- Lead design discussions with appropriate personnel to define goals and objectives of business applications in the cloud
- Define, monitor and enhance services levels and service agreements and implement systems to enable meeting those service levels
- Act as point of escalation for Tier I & Tier 2 staff or Cloud Managed Service Provider that supports cloud
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of multiple Sallie Mae business functions and how the system and procedures that support these functions interrelate
- Very proficient with AWS, Azure or other Cloud technology implementations and management
- Very proficient with C#, Java, Python, Clojure, SQL, WSDL, SOAP, REST API, AWS Lambda and SOA with in-depth knowledge of implementing COTS packages for infrastructure management
- Knowledge to Leverage, apply and guide other Service Providers on Cloud native technologies such as RDS, Beanstalk, Load Balancers, SSM, Auto scaling, Cloud Watch/Trail, AWS Config etc.
- Knowledge of complex Cloud Network including Transit VPC, B2B VPN and Firewall appliance configuration
- Implementation knowledge of advanced security features to protect sensitive business information without breaking functionality
- Good working knowledge of NIST and CIS standards and ability to translate them to Sallie Mae systems
- Maintain good general understanding of the other functional areas of the company and communicate to the appropriate staff, information that has an impact on their assigned projects or responsibilities
- Implements capacity management discipline with process and automation tools
- Manages multiple vendors including Cloud Managed service providers
- Plans and forecasts budget for cloud consumption
- Implements process to guide and manage system design to optimize consumption
- Create and implement solutions for continuous improvement of Cloud management infrastructure
May 22, 2019