The candidate will be a well-rounded Senior Level IT administrator responsible for ServiceNow development and administration to help lead further adoption of ServiceNow and enable IT and Business partners to leverage AWS Cloud to the best possible extent with ease, security and stability. In this role, the candidate will develop custom applications in the ServiceNow platform to support critical business functions in addition to furthering the implementation of IT operations management modules of ServiceNow. Familiarity with SDLC and designing solutions that follow the ITIL and Agile frameworks, plus the ability to develop, and implement is necessary. The ideal candidate will be looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them. The position will be encouraging the use of ServiceNow, Ansible and several AWS Native APIs to promote and foster automation and self-service initiatives. This position will interface with Infrastructure/Operations staff and Application Development personnel, so a strong knack and desire to provide solutions using ServiceNow is required. Although this is not an OS, or network or storage admin position, a good working knowledge of those disciplines is necessary to promote ServiceNow integration. The ability to code/script to help with automation or troubleshooting activities is essential. Familiarity with DevOPs and Agile from an infrastructure and operations perspective is a plus.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop solutions within the ServiceNow platform to include modifications of applications, forms, workflow, interfaces and any other customization
- Create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting of each
- Create and use REST APIs to talk to external systems including AWS CICD pipeline, VSTS, Ansible etc.
-Create and use Lambda functions in AWS to augment or enhance SN functionality where needed
- Collaborate with DevOps and infrastructure teams to create sound automation solutions using orchestration
- Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application life-cycle
- Create and configure Notifications, UI pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, Formatters, etc.
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Advise functional and admin teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions
May 22, 2019