The candidate will be a well-rounded Senior Level IT support technician responsible for a wide range of technical support activities as well as having opportunities to influence IT architectural direction. The position will include installing, troubleshooting and maintenance of technical software, automation of technical IT activities where possible, interfacing with Application Development personnel and participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation. A strong knack and desire to perform troubleshooting activities is required with Cloud services. The technologies involved include all non-business-related software used at the bank. This is not an operating system, or network or storage admin position, but a good working knowledge of those disciplines is necessary. The ability to code/script to help with automation or troubleshooting activities is a plus. Knowledge of SQL/Oracle DBs is a plus. There will be opportunities to work on cloud technologies inclusive of Azure and Amazon services and solutions. Familiarity with DevOps and Agile from an infrastructure and operations perspective is a plus.
The candidate must be comfortable communicating with a wide variety of personnel including vendors, application development, business and upper management.
What You'll Do:
- Install and maintain/upgrade key infrastructure application software and document the infrastructure architecture supporting primarily CA Automic Job Scheduling tool and Aurea Web Service Management (WSM) environments
- Monitor performance & availability of key infrastructure applications, and provide on-call support of key infrastructure applications on a rotational fashion with the ability to work with other IT Teams on troubleshooting efforts as required
- Participate in IT architectural sessions to provide expertise to the framework and design of COTS and Cloud solutions and lead medium/large size infrastructure projects
- Design and implement automation solutions that increase team operational efficiencies
- Document troubleshooting activities for key infrastructure applications that can be readily used by all team members
- Get established as an SME (subject matter expert) for at least 4-6 infrastructure application/cloud solutions
- Work with Azure and Amazon technical partners, solutions, and services and participate in budgeting sessions as required
May 22, 2019