This position will help support community members in the post-sales setting as part of the Scale Computing Services team.
The Technical Services Architect is a critical client-facing role that interprets and translates a community member's needs into a solution that can be configured from a standard set of offerings by Scale Computing. This is a critical client-facing role that interprets and translates a community member's needs into a solution that can be configured from a standard set of offerings by Scale Computing.
This engineer will be a key member of the Services team and will be responsible for the management of high-valued customers, resolution of technical escalations from customers during service delivery, identification of custom service solutions for unique customers needs, management of Third-Party product relationships, definition and creation of new service content and deliverables. They will also help facilitate technical training for Third-party products sold by Scale Computing, create and improve processes in their area of ownership, and own or participate in high-level projects as decided by Scale Computing Management.
The successful Technical Services Architect will have an expert technical background with troubleshooting skills at the network and OS levels. The engineer will also have superior organizational and professional skills to deliver the highest level of response to the team and the customer. We believe in best-ever experiences from the inside out - so this means we’re looking for an approachable, friendly candidate who will love their co-workers as much as we love them.
The services team is the primary owner of customer and partner onboarding, and acts as a liaison for the community member to Scale in a post sales setting. The services team identifies, creates, and implements new services while also improving the community onboarding experience.
Great Candidates will look like this:
● Enjoy troubleshooting and problem-solving analytically
● A team player who can work well within the team and collaborate cross-functionally, especially in a remote environment
● An excellent communicator who is efficient and effective with customers and colleagues via web conference, in email, and in-person
● A motivated self-starter who thrives on prioritization and follow-through
● Passionately creative in mindset, and has the ability to adapt quickly to evolving business needs
● Provides excellent Customer service to every internal and external Customer
● A positive, can-do attitude!
● Facilitate the successful delivery of complex and unique services for high valued customers . This may include going onsite in order for complete service.
● Participate in the creation and delivery technical training to technical services and support staff
● Consult and provide guidance escalated by the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support team resulting from Services engagements
● Participate and contribute to the creation of new service products
● Be a technical subject matter expert in 3rd Party and OEM products
● Work directly with VARs, MSPs, and OEMs so they are empowered to sell Scale and support their Customers.
● Lead and participate in process development of third party product partners as related to integrations with Scale Computing products
● Identify issues and provide solutions to internal service processes
● Collaborate with multiple internal teams to help with product best practices.
● Build cross-functional relationships with all departments within the Scale Computing organization to further the success of all services for Customers, VARs, MSPs, and OEMs.
● Able to complete Tier 3 level services including Remote Installations, Quickstart Migrations, ICOS to HyperCore migrations, Network Planning, and HC3 Expert Training, DR Planning, Professional Services Engagements
● Ability to handle critical and timely technical and customer service issues
○ Create RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for customers and executive summaries for other departments and members of the executive team on escalated services issues
○ Ability to de-escalate issues, provide confident and appropriate next steps for the customer
● Work with the engineering and product team on customer service feature requests, requests to improve Services processes as product changes, and other requests related to the responsibilities of the role
● Creation and approval of knowledgebase articles and writing of high-level knowledge articles pertaining to Services
● Promotion of a positive environment for our team and our customers as an example of how to properly complete all technical services processes without issue as a senior leader on the Services Team
● Work with current and future Gold & Platinum Partners on post-sales training, Customer concerns, and Scale deployments.
● Manage internal Service environments
○ Access, stability, and updates
○ Lead initial deployment of new third product products
● Subject matter expert in every third-party products sold
○ Technical capabilities, feature configuration, integration with Scale
○ Define and document best practices
○ Manage relationships with counterparts
○ Define, document, and evangelize process surrounding third party products
● As a rapidly growing business there will likely be additional needs identified that will become the responsibility of a Senior Technical Services Engineer
● A BS degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience is required
● A minimum of 1 year of experience in a technical support or services organization with case management experience.
● Diverse exposure and understanding of a variety of operating systems, virtualization platforms, networking, Linux, Windows, and understand the interaction of the different layers of technology
● Organizational discipline and professional communication skills; exceptional Customer management and communication, both verbal and written, as required to understand customer needs and ensure clarity on the status of technical problems
● An outgoing personality who enjoys helping customers receive the best experience they have ever had with a support & services organization
● Organizational and/or project management experience with an attention to detail with and accountability for individual tasks; an ability to self-motivate, research, document, and communicate progress and completion of tasks required (experience with Salesforce, or other case management tools a plus)
● A strong technical background and expert technical knowledge with computer hardware and software architecture, operating systems, virtualization, networking, and storage; experience with Linux, the Windows, Linux command line, and third-party applications
● Ability to understand and break down complex technical concepts from the computer science field in an easily accessible and engaging format without resorting to isolating terminology, specialist wording, or unique acronyms
Other useful skills/experience
● Professional Services / Service Delivery experience or Solutions Architect experience, 1-3 years preferred
● Technical knowledge and experience in the following: virtualization (mainline hypervisors), operating systems troubleshooting, IP networking, and storage technologies, both direct and NAS/SAN
● Have a comfort level at a command line, and a working knowledge of Linux, particularly how to navigate when logged in to a Linux host, perform diagnostics using Linux
● commands, execute scripts and log analysis
● Experience troubleshooting clustered systems and clustered file systems
● Competitive, based on experience
● Health Insurance: Vision, Dental and Medical (HDHP & PPO options)
● PTO & paid Company holidays
● This is a full-time, permanent position and may be remote or based out of our downtown Indianapolis HQ.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - you’ll be surprised. We’re one Scale Computing which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day. Please send your resume, with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.
Scale Computing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Scale Computing, Inc. are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
About Scale Computing
Scale Computing is a global business with offices around the world, thousands of customers, and countless applications running on our industry-leading HC3 platform. We enjoy this success because we have made a conscious effort to build this company amazing person by amazing person – could you be the next to join us as the newest Scaler?
Scale was founded on the belief that transparency, and collaboration create a culture of ownership, success and empowerment; more empowered employees are more productive employees. At Scale, we build empowerment through diversity and our core values of: Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Success, and Fun.
We are an “all killer, no filler” organization and believe everyone has an important role. We look for highly-motivated, smart, fun people to fill those roles. If working with other amazing people, to help us build a wildly successful company, sounds like fun to you, we’d love to hear from you.Posted On
July 7, 2021