Schneider Geospatial, LLC looking for an entrepreneurial IT professional to provide internal support for our company. This position will primarily focus on workstation and networking support. Candidates should have a mix of technical and customer service skills and be passionate about technology and helping people.
Headquartered in Historic Ft. Benjamin Harrison (#FortBenTech), Schneider Geospatial, LLC is a small, growing company with large share of their vertical market. The ideal candidate for this position will be entrepreneurial minded, focused, well-organized and eager to grow within the IT realm. This role will create a dynamic work environment providing technical support for all internal users, while themselves being supported by our Software Engineering team..
While this role will begin as primarily a support role, our goal with the right candidate will be to expand their portfolio to include networking, phone (VOIP), and most other internal systems. As the person demonstrates ongoing success and increased capacity, this role has the potential to eventually help with some DevOps functions for our external systems. This is a great opportunity for an early stage IT professional that wants some diversity in their responsibilities and role while growing with a small and entrepreneurial company.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career and join a thriving company? Apply today!
• Handle help desk tickets
• Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
• Create accounts, configure hardware, and set-up workstations as part of on-boarding process
• Support internal systems such as audio and video equipment in conference rooms, phone systems, and printers
• Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
• Install and configure software and hardware
• Manage internal network servers and technology tools
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Azure Active Directory and Office 365 administration.
• PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
• Client PC connectivity - ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
• File server knowledge
• 2 years+ experience working in a Windows environment
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
• Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
• Experience working with Azure, AWS, VMware
• InTune application knowledge
• BA/BS or Certificate in Computer Technology, Computer Science, IT or related field
• Strong work ethic and proactive approach
• Desire to work in small teams with an entrepreneurial attitude
• Good communication, enunciation and grammar skills (in the English language) are highly important.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
About Schneider Geospatial, LLC
A technology leader, Schneider Geospatial, LLC provides innovative industry leading solutions such as Beacon™/qPublic.net™ (local government information for the Web), GeoPermits™ (cloud based permitting and workflow management), and IDAM™ (web-based solution assessing disaster damage). In addition to publishing a large portfolio of client focused applications and solutions, Schneider also provides a full range of data conversion, technical support, training, and consulting services greatly valued by our clients.
July 28, 2020