Looking for an accounting role with a growing tech company leading their industry? This is the role for you! This is a great, broad opportunity within Schneider Geospatial's Accounting and Finance department to grow and develop. The company boasts a caring culture and is listed as one of the 2020 and 2021 Best Places to Work in Indiana!
This role serves the primary accounting needs for Schneider Geospatial. An integral member of the Accounting team that values excellence through delivering high-quality service to our internal business, customers, and vendors. This position reports to the Business Manager.
Essential Position Duties:
• Responsible for accounting functions, including revenue recognition, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, payables, invoicing clients, receivables, collections, commissions, revenue share agreements, month-end close, and financial reporting.
• Record transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and proper classification. Timely identify and resolve reconciling items.
• Assist in sales order and invoicing set-up
• Compile, analyze, and review financial information in system and manual reports
• Assist in cash forecasting and financial budgeting/forecasting
• Prepare workpapers for financial audits and tax filings
• Maintain documented procedures
• Comply with the company’s accounting policies and internal controls
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Strong work ethic and proactive approach in solving problems
• Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail
• Team player that collaborates with others
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Experience with accounting software systems
• Ability to ascertain and analyze key information from contracts/agreements
• Organization and prioritization of work assignments to meet competing deadlines
• Willingness to learn new skills, continuously improve and innovate
• Written and verbal communication skills (in the English language)
Education / Experience:
Experience in accounting/finance, preferably in a SaaS and professional services industry or with similar revenue recognition methods.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
Schneider Geospatial creates innovative geospatial (GIS) and data-driven web portal technology solutions for e-government and related markets. We are committed to exceptional customer service to our clients and providing solutions that bring significant value to their organizations.
About Schneider Geospatial
A technology leader, Schneider Geospatial provides innovative industry leading solutions such as Beacon™/qPublic.net™ (local government information for the Web), GeoPermits™ (cloud based permitting and workflow management), and IDAM™ (web-based solution assessing disaster damage). In addition to publishing a large portfolio of client focused applications and solutions, Schneider also provides a full range of data conversion, technical support, training, and consulting services greatly valued by our clients.
Schneider Geospatial creates innovative geospatial (GIS) and data-driven web portal technology solutions for e-government and related markets. We are committed to exceptional customer service to our clients and providing solutions that bring significant value to their organizations.Posted On
January 5, 2022