We are looking for a Staff Accountant to manage all financial transactions and the related general ledger accounts, process payroll, close the books and participate in the budgeting process. Staff Accountant responsibilities include booking general ledger entries, managing the payables process, reconciling bank statements, reimbursing employee expenses and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous staff accounting or public accounting experience. Ultimately, you will be responsible for maintaining our financial accounts with output being the financial statements, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures (journal entries, reconciliations, reports).
- Accurately prepare monthly, quarterly and annual analyses, schedules and report in a timely manner.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by understanding and managing significant financial systems and maintaining controls.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer and investor confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education & Experience:
- 4-year degree in Accounting, or related field.
- 2 years in public accounting or 4 years in industry in an accounting role.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel or Google Sheets skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus.
February 25, 2019