Senior Manager, Careers in Tech
OUR VISION & MISSION
TechPoint is the nucleus and turbocharger for Indiana’s tech ecosystem. Our mission is to inclusively grow Indiana’s tech economy to 230,000 workers by 2030 so we can transform the economy of Indiana, creating a sustainable prosperity and quality of life for our citizens and future generations. We do this by attracting talent (Xtern for example), growing companies (Scale-Up Initiative, for example), and building community (Mira Awards and TechPointIndex.com, for example). TechPoint is an initiative of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), an organization committed to advancing our entire region.
The TechPoint team is a small but mighty assembly of talented, hard-working individuals inspired to do more than a job, but instead to make an impact bigger than ourselves. Our cultural commitment to each other is to operate with high trust, positive energy, direct communication, and selfless hustle. We embrace a flexible work schedule, open office layout, and a hybrid work environment, allowing team members to work from home a couple days a week while also enjoying our beautiful new office space at 16 Tech.
Talent is core to a thriving ecosystem, and you will take an active role in attracting, developing, and retaining the next generation of tech builders to our companies and community through the development of the Careers in Tech platform, product, and services. As the Senior Manager, Careers in Tech, you will work closely with the leader of program operations and the Executive Vice President, Talent to deepen the engagement amongst the community and with colleges, universities, and other talent developers. TechPoint’s Careers in Tech services and resources will empower thousands of students, underemployed, and unemployed people to tap into the tech workforce and ultimately enable our ambitious aims to inclusively grow the tech ecosystem footprint in Indiana. If you enjoy venturing into new territory and are driven to make systemic impact - keep reading.
This position will report to the leader of Talent Program Operations and is a full-time position with 40+ hours per week expected. Some travel within Indiana will be necessary to conduct meetings and support engagement.
- Support the Careers in Tech product, platform and services
- Support our talent and marketing team and outside consultants by providing feedback on the existing product, platform, and accompanying materials and create a product roadmap for continued development.
- Support ongoing processes for updating the Careers in Tech product to align with the career pathways and competency maps.
- Develop strong external relationships and serve as a primary engagement partner for colleges, universities and talent developers
- Create and deepen partnerships with college and university partners to enable the Careers in Tech dissemination and talent program recruitment efforts and other TechPoint initiative partnerships.
- Create and deepen partnerships with talent developers (such as Hope Training Academy, NexTech, and Per Scholas) to enable the Careers in Tech dissemination and talent program recruitment efforts and other TechPoint initiative partnerships.
- Connect the dots and people across college and university relationships for all needs on the TechPoint team
- Serve as an overall evangelist for careers in tech in Indiana, helping to build awareness, engagement, and enthusiasm for working in tech and tech-enabled roles with Indiana companies
- Recruit thousands of new leads for people interested in joining the tech workforce
- Oversee the processes, channels, and methods needed to generate awareness.
- Serve as the initial evangelist with community organizations, colleges and universities, and K-12 partners.
- Support TechPoint Initiatives and Other Duties as They Arise
- Deep knowledge and understanding of college and university cultures as well as other talent development organization cultures and practices.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Ability to create and deliver strong and persuasive presentations also a must.
- Knowledge of effective practices in relationship-based sales/recruiting/marketing.
- Looking for a mission, not a job; you want to work on something bigger than yourself and make a difference.
- Ability to collaborate, lead, and work as part of a team.
- Proactive and self-motivated problem-solver.
- High & positive energy; you have a knack for quickly engaging others.
- You are adaptable to change and a true team player.
- 100% of your healthcare and dental premiums are paid for individual and family.
- Pre-tax & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous match - 5% contributed by the employer regardless of employee contribution and up to an additional 5% employee voluntary contribution eligible to be matched by the employer.
- Company paid group life benefits as well as company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including 18 holidays!
November 9, 2022